Thursday, April 15, 2010

Call me

Yesterday when I picked up Natalie from school we were walking toward the car when she remembered something.

"Wait, Mama!"

She darted back into her classroom, reached into her cubby and came running to me, her cardigan falling from her shoulder and with a piece of paper in hand.

"Fahd's phone number," she explained, picking up her princess back pack.

"Let me see."

I wanted to snatch it from her and ball it up and throw it over the fence and yell: No no no no you are not calling a boy, you are not calling anyone, you are too too young!!!

But I calmly held out my hand and smiled.


Sure enough. There was his number.

At least it wasn't on a matchbook.

Now that this note has been memorialized here, the paper is in its rightful place: the wastebasket.

And nothing against Fahd, who is a very sweet boy and would probably make a fantastic boyfriend in 20 years. Which is about when I will let Natalie make a phone call.

3 comments:

  1. aww how adorable is that. I love how you convey your stories! I have been following your blog since the times article, and always wait for new posts. Adoption is close to my heart, and my husband and I plan on adopting when we're older (I'm 26), and its so heartwarming to hear about an adoption that is going so right among other adoption news stories of the day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, arv! You're very kind. And I'm glad to hear you're thinking about adoption down the road. If you ever want to chat about it, shoot me an email. I'd be more than happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call. But word to the wise: she'll be texting him in ten.

    ReplyDelete